You are here
Objectives of the Conference
The African Economic Conference is now the leading forum for the discussion of Africa’s issues of the day. The specific objectives of the African Economic Conference series are to:
- Promote knowledge management as an important driver of policy dialogue, good policy planning and implementation;
- Foster dialogue that promotes the exchange of ideas and innovative thinking among researchers, development practitioners and policymakers;
- Encourage and enhance research on economic and policy issues related to the development of African economies by promoting evidence-based policymaking;
- Provide an opportunity for young African researchers, Africans in the Diaspora, and organizations to share knowledge with policymakers; and
- Serve as a platform for researchers, policymakers and private sector operators to meet and have consensus on regional and continental integration as an instrument to accelerate Africa’s inclusive and sustainable development.